Thursday, October 25, 2012

big cook book

Cassidy loves books.  She loves to "read."  She particularly loves to read "cook book," and even more particular than that, "apple pie."

"Where cook book?"  We go on a search for the little yellow spiral bound Edmond's Cookery Book that a friend gave me as a parting gift when I moved back to the states from New Zealand 15 years ago.  I don't know that I ever actually used it, and hardly remembered owning it before Cassidy discovered it in my scant collection.  She just loves turning the pages of that book and looking at the odd pictures of scones, soup or baby carrots.

I went to the library tonight on a whim.  I came home with some cook books, about all I have time to read before passing out in bed, a few recipes to generate some new ideas about putting food together.
It must have been the pictures on the front of the books that gave it away, because Cassidy got all excited: "BIG Cook Book!!"

So this evening we sat together and read recipes.



Some kids love Pooh Bear or Clifford.  Mine loves Apple Pie recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment